Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pink Vertical Stripe & Coordinates



Well, the gals at PR thought that the drape-neck top was just fine, so now I'm going on with the coordinates. The center fabric is a pink vertical stripe 100% cotton jersey that when washed and dried yelled BROOMSTICK SKIRT so loudly that even my husband heard it! Seriously, he did! The other three fabrics are coordinating bamboo/cotton jersey from fabric.com in pink, fuschia, and lavender. The color didn't come out quite right, but trust me, that's fuschia, not red (as are the stripes in the skirt).

I'm planning to at least make a skirt out of the stripe, and simple tops out of the solids, but I'm working on the skirt first. I'm planning to use Simplicity 4138 View C (3 tiers) if I can make it without having a mountain of fabric around my waist. Skirts are pretty quick for me to make - not nearly as many fitting issues as TOPS! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment